Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Books: The Host by Stephanie Meyer

The Host by Stephanie Meyer


Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away.
Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed.
When Melanie, one of the few remaining "wild" humans is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
Wanderer probes Melanie's thoughts, hoping to discover the whereabouts of the remaining human resistance. Instead, Melanie fills Wanderer's mind with visions of the man Melanie loves—Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she has been tasked with exposing. When outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.

When I first read the Host it was when I had finished up the Twilight Saga. So the jump between a vampire realm and an alien realm was new to me. I wasn't the biggest Sci-Fi fan unless you count me drooling over David Tennant in Doctor Who. The first three chapters didn't get to me and it took me quite some while to gather my thoughts and continue. But as soon as I had finished Chapter 4, things started to go on an amazingly fast speed. Counting that the host has 640 pages it took me about a week to get through the entire book. At the end I was disappointed in the fact that she (Meyer) had left such an open ending. I eventually got the audio-book and listening to it, made me very happy. 


So the synopsis above is the official one that can also be found on Stephanie Meyers web page. But if you would ask me to make a synopsis about this it would be a little different. Well, no, not that much different, but I would include Ian O'Shea. My favorite character in the novel. So, in the end, I would totally recommend this book. But I am sure many people are about to read it or already read it because the Host the movie comes out this week!



But if you haven't read the Host and this blog hasn't convinced you that it's better than Twilight - I have a surprise for you on the website of Stephanie Meyer you can read the Prologue and chapter four of the Host. Here's the link for you. Prologue and Chapter 4 pdf of the Host


Verdict:

4.5/5 Stars

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Games: Paladins

To my dear readers, I gave it a shot and reviewed a game on Youtube. It's called Paladins and it's an amazing free MOBA. Please check it out!

Anime: Soul Eater

Soul Eater Soul Eater. A sound soul dwells within a sound mind and a sound body. These are the first lines on which every episodes opens. The word soul is lightened in blue and glowing like a flame.

Books: Divergent

Divergent  by  Veronica Roth